There are TEN Literacy lesson plans to help teachers get the most from the Boris story. Available as FREE downloads from www.tes.co.uk
These aim to develop children’s reading and writing and love of story. Mostly geared for children 6-8 yrs old, they are written to fulfil some of the requirements of the New English Curriculum 2014. You might be able to adapt some ideas for EYFS too! The free lesson plans are numbered suggesting an order of use, or just use the lesson ideas you like best. They include useful writing frames to support lessons and clear learning objectives.
Go to TES Connect to download, or you can get them here. Simply click on 'Free Download' (BUT DON'T USE THE ADD TO CART FUNCTION)
Other resources available from TES:
- Numeracy trail sheets for Y2
- A Letter and Sound(phonic) trail for EYFS/KS1
- Story Character masks (drawn by Mair) for role play
There is a small charge for these other resources at present.
- Animal Shapes
- Boris Literacy: Lesson 1 What Happens Next?
- Boris Literacy: Lesson 10 Researching Information Texts
- Boris Literacy: Lesson 2 Storyboards
- Boris Literacy: Lesson 3 Reading and Performing
- Boris Literacy: Lesson 4 Summarising A Story
- Boris Literacy: Lesson 5 Shape Poetry
- Boris Literacy: Lesson 6 Contractions
- Boris Literacy: Lesson 7 Character Study
- Boris Literacy: Lesson 8 Oral Storytelling and Extended Descriptions
- Boris Literacy: Lesson 9 Fact or Fiction and Writing Questions
- Boris Pack of 4 books A bundle of four books at a special price